Lentil Tomato Curry
This delicious recipe should definitely be added to your list of comfort foods. It's perfect to warm you up on the colder days or great to enjoy with some refreshing mint in summer!
- 1 big pan
- 1-2 cm ginger
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0,5 litre vegetable broth
- 200 ml red lentils
- 400 g diced tomatoes (or from the can)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Grate the ginger and cut the gralic and onion in small pieces.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and roast the ginger, garlic, onion, and spices for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and red lentils to the pan. Let it cook at a low temperature for 10-15 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk to the pan and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a side of rice or bread.