Beertje’s chocolate chip cookies
While looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, Beertje realized that none of the recipes she found online turned out the way she wanted. So, she started a quest to find the best ingredients for the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookies. After countless hours in the kitchen, screaming along to Fleetwood Mac and finding out the true meaning of patience, Beertje managed to put together the perfect recipe. Even though this recipe feels like it is her baby, she is willing to share it with you! So, if you're looking for the best vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe that is easy to make, has relatively cheap and simple ingredients, and will guarantee to stroke your ego when sharing with friends, look no further! The cookies will turn out the best if you make them while listening to your favorite artist from the 70's 🙂
- 1 baking tray
- 1 Oven
- 1 mixer
- 110 grams plantbased butter/margarine
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 60 grams white sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp plantbased milk (e.g. oatmilk)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (maizena in Dutch)
- 200 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt or more to taste
- 100 grams pure chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat your oven to about 180-200 degrees
- With a hand mixer, beat the butter on a high setting until softened.
- Add all the sugar and mix again on a high setting, until the butter and sugar is combined.
- Add in the vanilla, milk, and cornstarch and mix on a high setting until mixed.
- Gradually add in the salt, baking powder, and flour. Mix on a low setting until combined.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks. Add in the chocolate chunks, and mix until it's evenly distributed in the dough. The dough will look crumbly. Note: If it looks too dry, crumbly or won’t be rolled into small balls easily, you can add a few drops of milk until it’s less dry. This will probably only be needed when you’ve added a bit too much flour.
- Roll the dough into small balls. The diameter can be approximately 2-3 cm. Place them on a lined baking tray. Give the doughballs enough space as they will spread in the oven.
- Place them in the middle of the oven and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until they have a golden brown edge. They will look somewhat puffy when taking them out of the oven.
- Let your cookies cool down for a bit, and enjoy!