Creamy Pumpkin Soup
What can be more comforting than a warm pumpkin soup when the weather gets colder? This easy pumpkin soup can serve either as a starter or the perfect autumnal main dish. And it tastes even better the next day!
- 1 Blender
- 1 Soup pot
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili
- 2 carrots
- olive oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- chili flakes
- Cut the onion, carrots and chili into small pieces and grate the garlic and ginger.
- Add some olive oil to a big soup pot and put in the onion, garlic, chili, carrots and ginger. Saute this for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with 500 ml of water and let this simmer for about 15 minutes. In the meantime you can cut the pumpkin into cubes.
- Add the pumpkin, vegetable stock cube, 250ml of water and coconut milk to the pot and let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup. Add the soy sauce, balsamic, salt and pepper.
- Mix again and serve with a sprinkle of olive oil and chili flakes.