Vodka Sauce (without vodka)
With this easy recipe you can create a very versatile sauce, great with many dishes (for example a pasta or a schnitzel)!
- 250 gr mushrooms
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 200-250 ml plantbased cream for example Alpro soy cuisine or Albert Heijn's vegan crème fraîche
- 1 tsp stock powder or favourite spices/herbs optional
- Cut the mushrooms and bake them in a frying pan, using the vegan butter or margarine.
- Once nice and baked, add the flour and heat for a minute.
- Add the tomato paste, stir in well and heat for another minute.
- Add the cream and stir through.
- You can eat it like this or add some more flavour by adding some spices or some stock powder.