An easy base to start discovering your vegan baking skills! Make sure to try one of the variations as well 🙂
- Muffin or cupcake tray
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plant milk (or water)
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or another vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a muffin or cupcake tray with paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a second bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the cups (until they are 2/3 full).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool down before you start munching.
- Give your cupcake some texture, by adding 3 tablespoons of chopped nuts, raisins, fruits or dark chocolate to the mixed batter (roll these in flour before adding them, to keep them from sinking)
- Add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to turn these vanilla cupcakes into chocolate cupcakes
- Replace the plant milk with orange juice, add 3 tablespoons of carrot shavings and 1 tablespoon of raisins to reinforce vegan stereotypes in the most delicious way
- Spice it up by adding your favourite spices like cinnamon, ginger, anice, clove or nutmeg
- Add some frosting to really wow your guests or yourself