Tempeh Sweet Potato Spread
Tired of always eating the same store-bought spreads? Try making a tasty spread yourself!
- Grater (optional, you can also cut the tempeh in small pieces with a knife)
- 100 g tempeh
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kala namak
- 150 g sweet potato
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp bell pepper powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
- Cook the sweet potato for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven till 200 degrees Celcius.
- Mix the ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, chili powder, 1 tsp kala namak, bell pepper powder, cumin seed powder and some pepper.
- Grate the tempeh (or cut it into small slices) and stir through the sauce.
- Add the marinated tempeh to a baking tin, and put in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celcius.
- Meanwhile, mash the sweet potato and mix with the mayonaise, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, pepper and 1 tsp kala namak.
- Once the tempeh is ready, stir it through the sweet potato mix.
- You can add some plant milk to your spread to make it smoother.