French toast / ‘Wentelteefjes’
Easier than the original and perfect if you don't like wasting food!
- +/- 3 slices of old bread
- 60 ml aquafaba (half the liquid from a 400 gr can of chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp plantbased butter like Flora
- (powdered) sugar
- Whip the aquafaba with a handwhisk or a mixer until you can form peaks. It's fine if those are semi-stiff.
- Heat a pan with a bit of butter.
- Dip a slice of bread into the aquafaba and make sure it is fully covered. Wipe off some excess aquafaba and bake until golden brown. Bake the other slices in the same way.
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top of your French toast / 'wentelteefje'and enjoy!