These healthy semi-sweet muffins provide a wholesome start of the day.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana preferably nice and ripe
- 125 ml liquid water, plant-based milk or orange juice
- 40 ml neutral tasting oil e.g. safflower oil
- Blend the oats to flour.
- Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and your optional seeds/fruits in a bowl. Mix everything together.
- Crush the bananas to mush and add the plant-based drink and the oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it until it is an even batter.
- Fill 6 muffins forms and add some of the seeds/fruits as toppings in case you chose for those.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes and enjoy!
To add some more texture and flavor to the muffin, add a tablespoon of poppy, pumpkin or other seeds, and/or dried cranberries or other dried fruits.