Pumpkin Sweet Potato Puff Pastry
We made this recipe for the Fall Cook Along, but since we like it so much, we've decided to share the recipe here as well. It may be 'fall ingredients', but we think it's just as good any other time of the year. So enjoy!
- 1 Oven
- 1 baking tray
- 400 g pumpkin in cubes
- 200 g sweet potato
- half an oxheart cabbage (pointy cabbage)
- 115 ml soy milk
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice mix
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 6 chestnut mushrooms
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1,5 tbsp turmeric powder
- some black pepper
- Cut the sweet potato and pumpkin into cubes, put in boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the oxheart cabbage into strips and shortly fry them in the oil.
- Cut the stems off the chestnut mushrooms, and fry the stems together with the oxheart cabbage.
- When the pumpkin and sweet potato are soft, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Drain the water of the pumpkin and sweet potato, add 100 ml soy milk and the spices, then mash it.
- After it's properly mashed and mixed, add the cabbage strips and mushroom stems and mix again.
- Put one puff pastry sheet on a baking tray.
- Put the mashed mix on top of it, leaving about 3 cm of uncovered pastry on the sides.
- Put the mushroom caps on top of the mashed mix.
- Cover it with the second puff pastry sheet, and make a few cuts on the top sheet. Brush the remaining soy milk on the puff pastry.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.